TestCase Studio is a platform to record the user actions performed on a web application in English Sentences. It will also generate the XPath and Automation Code for every user action. User can save or copy these recorded steps as a Test case.
So basically it automates the test case writing process, now no need to write the test cases manually. It will save a huge amount of time.
It is very simple to use and doesn’t required any extra effort or setup. It comes with SelectorsHub so if you haven’t installed SelectorsHub yet then install it.
How to use TestCase Studio:
- To record the test case, click on SelectorsHub icon on the tool bar.
- Click on TestCase Studio icon.
- Now keep performing your steps, it will automatically record all the user actions.
- You can save the recorded steps by clicking on save button.
- It generates the English Test Cases (manual test case) automatically.
- It generates the xpath for each step.
- It also records the data for each step.
- It generates the xpath code as per your framework.
- User can add new step just by clicking on + icon present in each row.
- User can delete the unwanted step just by clicking on delete icon present in each row.
- User can pause the recording and resume whenever it is required.
- User can delete all the steps in single shot just by clicking on delete all button present in header.
- Attribute filter option is there to generate the xpath with desired attribute.
- All the recorded steps can be saved in excel file along with XPath/Command and data.
- By default it will save the filename as websiteDomain+TimeStamp.
- User can edit the test case name before saving it.
- User can also copy all the steps just by clicking on copy icon present in the table header.
TestCase Studio supports all the browsers.
Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, Opera, Brave, Chromium and Tor
What kinds of applications it support:
It supports all web application (Desktop and mobile) which can be opened on web browser.
Currently it doesn’t support mobile native and desktop based application.
Q1. Is it similar like other recorder tools like Selenium IDE?
Ans: No. It is not a record and play tool. It is a tool to record your actions in plane english along with selectors.
Q2. Can we add the expected results as well?
Ans: Yes, there is option to add and delete steps. Here you can add the expected results and assertion step. Also you can edit the recorded english sentence as per the requirement.
Q3. How will it verify if the data is correct?
Ans: It will not verify your data because it’s not a tool to execute the test case. It is a tool to record the steps and convert them in english.
Q4. Any plans to include CSS Selectors too, going forward?
Ans: Yes, very soon you will get the CSS Selectors too.
Q5. Can it be connected with database?
Ans: No, currently it can not be connected to database. It runs offline only in your local system.
Q6. How to verify data in TestCase Studio?
Ans: Data can’t be verified in it, it’s not a tool to verify the data.
Q7. How can we justify
actual result are match or not?
Ans: No we can’t do that because here we are not running the test case, we are generating the english test case here.
Q8. Is it applicable for windows based application?
Q9. Can we use it for mobile native apps?
Q10. Can we use it for mobile web applications?
Q11. I logged-in in the morning and started using the TestCase studio. Now can I keep it on for the next 8 hrs continuously? Will it cause any issue in the file generation part?
Ans: No, there will not be any issue.
Q12. Does TestCase Studio support all browsers?
Q13. Can we make more descriptive test case format.
Ans: Yes, you can edit any step which you want, just click on the sentence and you would be able to edit it and save it.
Q14. Will it help to take data input from .txt or xls and after processing, will it help to write into .txt or xls.
Ans: No it will not take any input file and it doesn’t require any input data. You just need to open TestCase Studio and keep performing your testing. It will automatically keep writing test steps for you.
Q15. Is that possible to edit the already generated steps?Like if i wanted to add some notes in steps like “verified something” like that.
Ans: Yes. Just click on sentence and edit it.
Q16. Can we export the recorded steps ?
Ans: Yes, you can export the recored steps in xls.