Find the download link here. Try it now it’s absolutely FREE.
1) Click on the download link for whichever browser you want.
2) Click on Add to Browser.
3) After adding the extension, it will show in the browser toolbar like this. You can pin to the toolbar by clicking on the pin icon.
4) After adding the extension, restart the browser.
5) Now open DevTools by right clicking on any element and clicking on inspect.
6) On the right side of the Elements tab, SelectorsHub will be the last tab as shown in below image. If not visible, expand the sidebar or click on the two arrow icons as shown in below gif.
7) Now here you start typing your xpath or cssSelector. You will get auto suggest for inspected element.
If auto suggest doesn’t work while building Selectors at google.com
- Make sure in the browser you have opened google.com and it’s not default chrome blank tab.
- Don’t try on blank tab. There should be a url in address bar as it will not support on blank new tab.
- Also Extensions won’t support on Extensions store website so try on a genuine website.
Open DevTools by pressing F12 or Right-click anywhere on the webpage. Click on Inspect. On right side of Elements tab, click on SelectorsHub tab. It will be the last tab, if not visible then expand sidebar.
If auto suggest doesn’t work while building Selectors,
- Open different website in new tab.
- Don’t try on blank tab. There should be a url in address bar as it might not support on blank new tab.
- Extensions won’t support on Extensions store website so try on a genuine website.
Yes absolutely. It is the most secured plugin.
- It doesn’t save any user data.
- It runs only on your local environment.
- It inject the script only when you open the SelectorsHub tab while other plugins inject the script in your website as soon as the website get opened in the browser.
Please follow these steps
- Open your website in new tab.
- Now try inspecting any element.
If issue still persist, please try for different website.
- If still doesn’t work, feel free to connect with me at SelectorsHub Slack Channel here.
Not one reason, there are many reasons which makes SelectorsHub the best xpath tool.
- SelectorsHub is the only tool which made it possible to write own selectors in less than 5sec with it’s auto suggest feature.
- SelectorsHub is the only tool which supports shadowDOM, in fact even Chrome DevTools doesn’t support shadowDOM.
- SelectorsHub is the only tool which gives the proper error message for the missing elements in your selectors.
No absolutely, not.
1. SelectorsHub inject the script only when you open the SelectorsHub tab to use it while other plugins inject the script in your website as soon as the website get opened in the browser. This is the biggest reason many company doesn’t allow the browser plugin but now SelectorsHub solve this issue and taken care of the security issue.
2. It will never make your browser slow, as it only interact and inject script when you open SelectorsHub tab.
3. It is very optimised and very small in size compare to other plugins less than 250kb.
4. It doesn’t save any user data.
5. It runs only on your local environment.
No. First you will have to open the website then open the DevTools and then open SelectorsHub. It’s very simple and safe.
To make it safe and secure it will not interact and inject script in your website without your permission.
Some times people open DevTools first then they forgot and open a url where they don’t want a plugin to inject script so for that reason it only inject script when website is already opened.
2) Click on Details for SelectorsHub
3) Here turn on “Allow access to file URLs”
4) If you want to run in incognito as well then “Allow in incognito”
Note- There is no security issue, these settings are just to provide file access locally. SelectorsHub doesn’t fetch any user data and doesn’t have any backend server.
It is very simple and can be done in 2 steps.
2) Click on update and restart the browser. That’s all, extension is updated successfully. 🙂